Registration with StorageCraft fails. The ShadowProtect service is unable to contact the license server. When you attempt to repair the agent via Repair Agent Communications, you see the error message, "Registration with StorageCraft failed - 500."
- ShadowSnap Agent
- The protected agent doesn't have the services running for ShadowProtect and ShadowSnap.
- There is a proxy server blocking traffic out to dattobackup.com and storagecraft.com.
- The installation didn't complete.
1. Shut down all of the ShadowSnap reliant services via services.msc on the protected machine.
2. Check Windows Task Manager to make sure that no traces of the following services are present:
3. Restart the services via services.msc
4. Permanently disable StorageCraft ImageReady: Right-click the service and go to Properties. Then, change the Startup Type to Disabled.
5. Check the ShadowProtect software on the protected machine and ensure that the license now reads Active.
6. Attempt to repair agent communications again.
1. Make sure that the firewall is configured to allow connectivity to http://*.storagecraft.com
2. Add exceptions to the entire StorageCraft folder in the anti-virus programs installed on the agent.
3. Attempt to repair agent communications again.
1. Remove ShadowSnap via add/remove programs
2. Use Revo Uninstaller to remove the ShadowProtect software in its entirety.
3. Reboot the server.
4. After restarting, download the latest version of the ShadowSnap Agent (download link)
5. Then go to PsTools suite, download psexec, and extract the files.
6. Browse to the extracted PsTools folder via the command line.
psexec.exe -hsi cmd.exe A second command prompt will open up. This command prompt is running as a local system-level account. This account has elevated privileges within the operating system
8. Change directory into the directory where the shadowsnap52.exe is located.
shadowsnap52.exe, and reinstall ShadowSnap.
10. Attempt to repair agent communications again.
If you are still unable to register the agent, contact Datto Technical Support.