How do I restore an old version of a backed-up record?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS protection 1.0 for Office 365
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for G Suite
Currently, Datto/SaaS Protection only supports versioning for your Google Docs, Contacts, and Calendar backups. We currently keep unlimited daily versions of these documents in your backups and store them for as long as you are a customer.
You can only directly restore the most recent version of the record to your Google account. If you need to restore an older version of the record, you must download it locally, then manually import it back to your Google account:
- Select the item (file, e-mail, etc.) for which you wish to find a version.
- Once the item is selected, click the Previous Versions button in the upper right-hand corner of the page, or, from the item's details box or metadata panel, click Download Previous Versions to expand the section. If there are other versions of the document, the dates will be listed here.
- Select any version to begin the download immediately.
Once you have downloaded the file, you can import it back into your Google account.
Date and time searching
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 does not support "point in time" restoration, so, you won't be able to select a specific backup date and search for files or folders as they appeared on that date. Once you find a particular file, however, you can browse its previous versions and view or export them from there.
Note: If an entire folder was removed from a Google Drive on the G Suite end, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection would still retain its files in the archive. The file structure, however, will now live in the root My Drive directory in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection.