This article discusses how to enable temporary support access in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for G Suite
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for Office 365
The Temporary Support Access feature grants Datto Technical Support the ability to view your users' backups. By default, this feature is turned off by default and support technicians cannot see your data.
- When you enable this feature, you will select an expiration date for Support's ability to view your data. Datto Technical Support will be able to see your users' backups until that date.
- Support will only ask you to turn Temporary Support Access on when you have a technical issue that can be most quickly solved by being allowed to view your data.
- Support will never be able to view your data without your permission.
There is no need to enable Temporary Support Access unless you have an account issue requiring help from Datto Technical Support. If Support asks you to enable this feature, you may agree or decline.
To enable Temporary Support Access
1. Log in to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection as an administrator.
2. Click the Settings button, then navigate to Account Settings and choose the Support tab from the left pane.
3. Set an expiration date in the Temporary Support Access field. This is the date after which Datto support will again be unable to view your users' data.