Only super and general administrators for your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps account can add users to your domain.
To add new users to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps, click 'Add Users' within the user summary section of the dashboard. A page will load featuring three tabs: Manually Add Users, Upload CSV, or Add by OU (organizational unit). Choose one of the add options to add users:
1) To Manually Add Users:
- Select one or more (up to 100) users or select all by clicking the Name checkbox. Use the search form to find specific user(s) within the list.
- Select add accounts to move the users to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
2) To Upload CSV file (batch add users):
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add an additional file of users once this one is complete.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading for
- Click the Upload CSV tab
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts
3) To Add by OU:
- Click the Add by OU tab. Only OUs that have users in them will appear as options.
- Select the group of users to add.
- Select add accounts to move the group to the Add Accounts to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps column.
- Click Save.
Note that you will have to wait until this add is complete before adding additional users.
Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers can also add users via our Google Apps API by visiting API Documentation on the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps website.
If you would like to set your account to automatically add users to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Google Apps as they are created in Google Apps then you can do that. Please go to the 'accounts - domain settings' page to enable auto add for your entire domain or only specific OUs.