Configuring Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection to automatically add users when they are added to G Suite
- Backupify 1.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for G Suite
Backupify and Datto SaaS Protection accounts can be configured to auto-add users that have been newly added to most G Suite domain accounts. When configured, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection checks for new users in the G Suite domain once per day, then automatically adds them to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection and start their initial backups.
We also allow you to turn on auto-add for specific Organizational Units (OUs) only. This can be configured from the Account Settings section of the application.
Configuring auto-add for all users
1. From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection status page, click the account name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then select Account settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Select domain settings from the menu.
3. select Automatically add new accounts to Backupify, then click Save.
Configuring auto-add for specific OUs
If you configure auto-add for new users in specific organizational units, only members of those OUs will be automatically imported; New users outside of the selected OUs must be manually added to Backupfy/Datto SaaS Protection.
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
2. Select the checkbox next to each OU you wish to set for auto-add.