In 2015, we added an additional administrator user role called “Help Desk Administrator” for Enterprise and Enterprise Plus customers. To assign administrator roles, navigate to Account Settings > Admin Roles. The user roles will be as follows:
- Domain owner will be only Super Admin when an account is created.
- Can be assigned to anybody. A domain can have multiple Super Admins
- Can do anything to anybody.
General Admins (formerly just “Admin”)
- Has all of the privileges of a Super Admin except
- Cannot add services and change billing information
- Cannot add other admins
- Cannot add subdomains
Help Desk Admins
- Have access to search meta data, but cannot see content.
- Can initiate a backup of a service for a user
- Can see history of backups and restore for a user.
- Can restore data to the person who owns data, but cannot transfer it to anyone else.
- Cannot add or remove users
For existing customers, domain owners remain Super Admins while all non-domain owner administrators will be made “General Admins.” As a result, there will be some loss of permissions for non-domain owner admins (ability to assign administrative roles or add personal services to the domain). If these permissions are needed for a given admin, the solution would be to assign the Super Admin role.
Also, with Admin Roles, you can now designate a sub-domain user to be an admin on your Backupify account. Previously, only users that belonged to the primary domain could be additional admins, however now you can promote subdomain users to admin level in Backupify. Subdomain users that are an admin will have access to all domains in your Backupify account and not just the domain they belong to.
To contact Backupify support, please click here to submit a Support Request, or give us a call at 1-800-518-7449.