For the majority of SaaS Protection/Backupify customers, IMAP is no longer utilized in our process to back up your Google Apps data. But, for a small number of customers we may still being backing up your Gmail data using IMAP. If you're unsure, contact Support (more info at the bottom of this post).
If IMAP is not enabled for your domain the following error is listed as the user's last backup job status: "Backup disabled because IMAP is not enabled for your domain. Please contact your system administrator to enable it."
In Google Apps, there is a feature in which you can disable IMAP access for your entire domain. This feature is available only for Google Apps for Business and Education customers. If you have disabled IMAP globally across your domain then your users' Gmail backups will all fail with the above error.
If the below screenshots look different in your Google Apps admin panel then you probably have Google's old UI. If this is the case please click here for different instructions.
Enable IMAP access to all users in your domain:
1) Log into your Google Apps domain panel
2) Select the 'Google Apps' section
3) Select the 'Gmail' service
4) Under ‘User Settings’ select ‘Advanced Settings’
5) Now, scroll down to the ‘End User Access’ section and locate ‘POP and IMAP Access.’ Make sure that the box is not checked to ensure IMAP is enabled for your domain.
6) Once IMAP has been enabled, then please re-enable the jobs from your account's Settings page