This article describes how you can update your Datto appliance from its GUI.
NOTE: Depending on the update, you might have to reboot your device at the end of this procedure.
Follow these steps to run an update on your device:
- Log into the GUI of your Datto device.
- Click on the Configure menu, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Configure Menu
- Click on Device Updates. This brings you to the Device Updates screen, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 - Device Updates Screen
- Available Updates are shown in the list. Check in the box for the update(s) you would like to initiate.
NOTE: The updates will fail to run if the OS is full or if there are any cloned restore points. This is shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 - Failed Update Screen
If you get the error saying that you need to clean up the cloned restore points, open the Web UI for the device and go to the Restore tab. From there, you can remove the Active Recoveries.
- While installing the updates, you will see a status as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 - Update Status
- When the install is complete, you may see a dialog box about rebooting your device, as shown in Figure 5. Click Reboot to continue.
Figure 5 - Reboot Required after Kernel Update
Some updates will automatically reboot the device. You will see the dialog as shown in Figure 6. Click Close and refresh the page after reboot.
Figure 6 - Rebooting Device
- Once the device reboots, the install will be complete.