This article explains the Seat Management page in Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365. Use this article to assist with adding and removing users, or converting users to shared mailboxes.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Backupify for Office 365 protects all users in an O365 domain, either across your organization or on a per-seat basis. Once you authenticate the O365 domain during setup, Backupify scans the Active Directory for all accounts and adds them. Backupify will also automatically add and back up new users that get added later unless you specify otherwise.
In the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection dashboard, select Users from the top menu, and the Seat Management page will open.
If you want to manually choose which users to back up, click the Disable button under Auto Add. This change activates the Add and Remove Users sections, allowing you to adjust backups on an individual basis.
To add a user, scroll through the Add Users list - sorted alphabetically by the last name - or use the search to find the person's name. Select as many users to add as necessary, then click the Back Up Selected Users button. Backupify will add the names to the queue and will begin backing them up shortly.
You can also bulk-add users by clicking the Upload button to upload a .csv file with the new users' email addresses. Note that you must place the emails in Column A for the upload to work correctly.
If you need to remove a user from regular backups, find or search for the name in the Remove Users section, select it, and click Stop Backing, Up Selected Users. Backupify will remove the user and stop backing up all data shortly.
Adding and Removing Users Via CSV
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add another file of users once this one is complete.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both entirely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading for
- Click the Upload CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
Converting Users to Shared Mailboxes and Vice Versa
If a user has already been added to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 and converts to a shared resource, they will still count as a seated Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 user.
Adding Custom Site Collections
Click here for more details on adding Custom Site Collections.