This article describes the Protect a System wizard. You can access this wizard from the web interface of Datto business continuity appliances, including SIRIS and ALTO.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
Before pairing a new system, follow the guidelines in the Installing the Datto Windows Agent, Installing the Datto Linux Agent, Installing the Datto Mac Agent, Installing the ShadowSnap Agent, or the Agentless Backup article, depending on your production machine's operating platform.
The Protect a System wizard allows you to pair one or more production systems with your Datto appliance for backup and disaster recovery protection.
1. To start the wizard, click the Protect link in the web interface of the Datto device, as shown in Figure 1.
2. If this is not the first agent on the device, you will be taken to the Backup Agents page. Click the Add a New Agent button to continue (shown in Figure 2). Otherwise, if this is the first agent on the device, you will be take directly to the screen shown in Figure 3.
3. You will see the Protect a System window shown in Figure 3.
3. If you would like to pair an agentless system, see the Pairing a Target System for Agentless Backups article. If you are adding an agent-based system, click Agent Based System, and then click Next.
4. The Select System(s) screen will appear. You will be prompted for the following information:
A. Hostname or IP Address: Enter the address of the machine that you would like to protect. You can protect multiple systems by entering each IP address or hostname, separated by commas. Alternatively, you can use the Import multiple systems to back up option to import a list of IP addresses or hostnames from a file. The file must be in Comma-separated values (CSV) format.
B. Do you want to copy settings from an existing system? This option allows you to use the backup settings from another system that is already paired with your Datto appliance. If you wish to do so, select Yes, please and choose the protected system to copy agent settings from. Otherwise, click No, thanks. I'll enter new settings here. You will be prompted to enter settings in the Agent Creation stage of the process.
C. Do you want to encrypt your backups? This option allows you to encrypt the backups for the new agent. If you choose the Yes option, you will be prompted to create a decryption passphrase for the agent. See How to Encrypt Backups for important information about encrypting backups on a Datto appliance.
5. When you finish configuring settings, click Next to continue. Then, proceed to the next section of this article.
1. When the Local Backup and Retention Policy screen appears, use the dropdowns in the Set the Interval and Schedule for Local Backups fields to configure backup schedules for all machines protected by your Datto appliance.
2. If you would like your protected machines to be backed up on weekends, check the box next to the Saturday and Sunday backups should be performed field, and select a weekend backup schedule for the agents.
3. Set the Retention for Local Backups option. See Understanding the Retention Process for an overview of how retention works on a Datto appliance. When you finish configuring settings, click Next to continue.
4. Configure the Cloud Backup and Retention Policy options, as shown in Figure 6. Then, click Next.
5. Configure the screenshot verification schedule, and click Next.
6. Configure your email notification preferences for the protected system(s), as shown in Figure 8. See Configuring Alert, Warning, And Log Digest Emails On A Datto Appliance for more information about this feature.
7. The Datto appliance will display a summary of the configurations you requested. Click Finish to commit the changes.
8. You will be redirected to the pairing status page shown in Figure 10. As the wizard pairs each system, it will report the outcome of the pairing attempt in the Status field. Once pairing completes, you can select Return to Agent Overview to be redirected to the Protect tab of your Datto appliance's GUI, where you will see entries for the newly-added agents, or you can select Pair Additional Systems to protect more production machines with your Datto appliance.
Agent Creation Errors
"There were errors validating your system(s). Please correct the errors and try again," or "Unable to protect this system. Please verify that the Datto agent is installed and is enabled."
You may encounter this error state if the Datto appliance cannot reach the protected system by its hostname or IP address. This error can also occur if you have not installed the Datto Windows Agent, Datto Linux Agent, Datto Mac Agent, or ShadowSnap Agent on the production machine and rebooted it prior to attempting to pair the protected system.
If you have confirmed that the protected system's IP address or hostname is resolvable on the LAN.
"Agent Add Fail."
If you see an "Agent Add Fail" error, as shown in Figure 11, it may be transient. You can force a retry by clicking the Finish button again. If you continue to experience pairing errors, make sure that the configuration of the target machine meets the Datto Networking Requirements, and attempt to pair the agent again.
If you have tried all of the above steps, and are still unable to pair the agent, contact Datto Technical Support.