Note: The Backupify for Twitter product has been discontinued. For more information regarding this, please click here.
I changed my twitter handle, do I need to update Backupify?
You will not need to update your account information at all. However two things will happen.
- You twitter handle on your Backupify services page will remain the old Twitter handle. It will continue to backup normally, but the name will remain the same.
- Your name in your .pdf export will all change to the new handle. This includes all of the tweets before you made the change
We cannot alter this at the moment, but your backups will continue to run without updating any of your services.
I attached a photo to a tweet, does Backupify back up that photo as well?
At the moment, we currently backup only the text that is included in the tweet. The photo's URL will be brought over in the message, however the picture is not included in your Backup.
How can I add multiple twitter accounts to Backupify?
If you have multiple Twitter accounts and wish to back them all up, please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.twitter.com and log out of any accounts you are currently logged into. Log into the account you wish to back up.
- In a separate tab, go to www.backupify.com and log into your social media account.
- Click on the "services" tab located on the dashboard of your Backupify account.
- Click "add" next to Twitter and follow the steps to add your account.
- Repeat each step until you have added all of the accounts you wish to back up.
Why aren't all of my Twitter records in my Backupify archive?
The reason why you are not seeing all of your tweets in the exported PDF is due to API restrictions that Twitter puts in place on their accounts. Due to twitter limitations, we are only allowed to backup the timeline that is visible to you. So, considering twitter does not allow their users to see past 3200, we cannot backup tweets past 3200. Once we have it backed up however, we will maintain that record forever. If Twitter allowed access to all of your Tweets then we would back them up, but Twitter restricts access to only the last 3200 over their API.
Can I restore back into Twitter?
Currently, Twitter does not allow restoration through their API. Until they enable this service, we are only able to Backup and Archive this data to help you rebuild your services. We can provide you with an export of all of your records for either service.
What is included in my Twitter .PDF export?
Your Twitter archives will export into a single .pdf file that is split up into 5 sections. These sections include the following:
- User Timeline - The statuses (or tweets) posted by you
- Direct Messages Received - Direct messages you have received
- Direct Messages Sent - Direct messages you have sent to other users
- Favorite Statuses - The favorite statuses saved by you
- Mentions - A list of statuses (tweets) containing your Twitter @username
To contact Backupify support, please click here to submit a Support Request, or give us a call at 1-800-518-7449.