This article explains how to control which volumes you want to back up on the Datto device. This option applies to all future backups. You can also remove a volume's dataset from previous backups.
To exclude a volume from future backups, follow this procedure:
- Open up the web interface for the device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent you want to configure, and click Configure Agent Settings.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section, and find Volume Level Backup Control, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Volume Level Backup Control options
- Check the box(es) next to the volume(s) that you wish to exclude from future backups. If you wish to start a new backup chain after excluding the volume(s), you have the option to click on Delete under the Delete Dataset column. Please note that this does not actually remove the data stored in previous points.
If you exclude a volume that was included in a prior backup, the Volume Level Backup Control page will display a warning next to the affected volume, as shown in Figure 2. The Protect tab of the Datto appliance GUI will display the same warning next to the entry for the affected agent, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 4: Missing volume alert, as seen on the Datto appliance's Protect tab (click for larger image)