This article explains how to control which volumes you want to back up on the Datto device. This option applies to all future backups. You can also remove a volume's dataset from previous backups.
To exclude a volume from future backups, follow this procedure:
- Open up the web interface for the device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent you want to configure, and click Configure Agent Settings.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section, and find Volume Level Backup Control, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Volume Level Backup Control options
- Check the box(es) next to the volume(s) that you wish to exclude from future backups. If you wish to start a new backup chain after excluding the volume(s), you have the option to click on Delete under the Delete Dataset column. Please note that this does not actually remove the data stored in previous points.