This artice describes how to use the volume level backup control option in the Datto SIRIS and Datto ALTO UI.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
Volume level backup control lets you choose which volumes on the protected machine to back up to the Datto device. This option applies to all future backups.
To exclude a volume from future backups:
1. Open up the web interface for the device.
2. Click the Protect tab.
3. Click Configure Agent Settings for the agent you want to configure.
4. Scroll down to the Advanced section, and find Volume level backup control, as shown in Figure 1.
5. Check the boxes next to the volumes you wish to exclude from future backups. If you want to start a new backup chain after eliminating the volumes, click Delete under the Delete Dataset column. Note that this does not remove the data stored in previous points.
If you exclude a volume that you included in a prior backup, the volume level backup control option will display a warning next to the affected one. The Protect tab of the Datto appliance GUI will show the same warning next to the entry for the affected protected machine.
Removing drives that a Datto appliance no longer protects
To remove unused drives without deleting all local data and taking a new base image:
1. In the Volume level backup control section of the Agent Settings tab, click Delete dataset for each drive.
2. Click Protect in the top menu bar, then click Start a backup to take an incremental backup. When it completes, click the backup button again to start a second incremental backup.
3. After the next offsite synchronization, click the Protect tab from the top menu bar, then click Manage recovery points.
4. In Manage recovery points, delete all the points before the incremental backups created as a result of step 2.