This article describes the configuration process for Screenshot Verification on a Datto appliance.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
You can configure screenshot verification on a per-agent basis from the Protect page of your Datto appliance. To do so:
1. Access the GUI for the Datto device.
2. Click the Protect tab.
3. Find the agent that you wish to configure.
4. Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
5. From the Configure Agent Settings page, scroll to the Screenshot Verification section, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Screenshot verification settings
6. From the Schedule Options dropdown, select a verification interval. The available options are:
- Last point of the day: Your Datto appliance will perform a verification test of the last scheduled backup of the day. If the last scheduled backup of the day is missed, your appliance will not perform an automatic verification test until the following day.
- First point of the day: Your Datto appliance will perform a verification test of the first scheduled backup of the day. If the first scheduled backup of the day is missed, your appliance will not perform an automatic verification test until the following day.
- All Offsite Points: This is the default verification setting. Your Datto appliance will perform a verification test for all backup points which are scheduled for offsite replication. Datto recommends using this setting to ensure that, in the event of a disaster recovery scenario, the backups you replicate to the Datto Cloud are bootable. If no backup points are marked for offsite replication, no verification tests will be performed. Do not use this option if your Datto appliance does not replicate offsite.
- Custom Schedule: Your Datto appliance will perform a verification test of the backup points you specify. Selecting this option will populate a grid which allows you to select scheduled backups to test against. Note that you cannot schedule verification for times which do not have backups scheduled for them.
7. Choose your additional wait time. If the login screen is not showing in your screenshots, try increasing this wait time.
Setting up Error Notifications
This reporting feature will send an error email if a screenshot is not being performed within a time window. Setting the error threshold determines how much time is allowed to pass without a screenshot being run for this agent.
Figure 2: Screenshot error notification settings (click to enlarge)
1. Set your error threshold. Enter "0" to disable the alert.
2. Click Apply to apply this setting to this agent. Click Apply to All if you want to apply this setting to all of the agents on this device.
3. If you'd like to receive screenshot success and failure notifications via email, in the Set Email Notifications card, enter the recipient addresses which should receive them. To add more than one email address, click the Add Email Recipient button. Then, select the Success or Failure boxes in the Screenshot Notifications field.
4. Click Apply to apply the settings to this agent. Click Apply to All to apply the settings to all agents on the device. Click Send a Test Email if you'd like to get a sample screenshot.
Recommended Scheduling for Backups and Screenshots
The default backup schedule on Datto appliances follows an hourly interval, from 8 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Local backup schedule interval
Datto recommends scheduling backups to run during the hours that the protected machine is in production. For example, if the machine is operational between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM, you should have 12 backups in that day, as we would want to take 1 backup every hour.
Using the Last point of the day screenshot option as an example, under this backup configuration, the verification would run right after the last recovery point of the day - 8 PM.
Datto recommends using the default screenshot scheduling option of All Offsite Points to ensure that you have more than one bootable recovery point available in the Datto Cloud.