This article describes the cause and possible solutions for the error A backup hasn't been taken in over 24 hours and A backup hasn't been taken in over 24 hours, this is likely due to an active RoundTrip or ongoing troubleshooting by Technical Support.
A scheduled backup has not taken place within 24 hours on a device.
- This error should appear if an agent has not backed up in the past 24 hours according to the schedule.
- For a decommissioned agent, it is recommended to remove all scheduled backup entries to prevent this error from happening.
- There is an active RoundTrip or ongoing troubleshooting by Technical Support.
If you have not done so already, follow the preliminary steps in the Start Here article.
- If this is the first time you're seeing this error, attempt to trigger a backup manually on the device.
- Repair agent communications
- If you are still unable to trigger a backup manually, perform a reboot of the Datto device and attempt to start another backup manually.
- If this backup fails with another error, search for the relevant error message in the knowledge base.
- If this error persists after trying these steps, open a ticket with Datto Technical support to investigate the cause of this error.