This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error STC failure occurred mid transfer. - Final error (-50 The request is not supported.).
- ShadowSnap is trying to back up a volume that may not be actively recognized or supported
- Many times this will be seen when attempting to back up FAT32 partitions or older volume types. It can also occur if the volume is formatted as ReFS.
- Exclude the incompatible volume types and attempt a backup again.
- Determine if ShadowProtect will exhibit the same error by using a ShadowProtect backup against the same volume.
- If this fails as well, the volume should remain excluded from the backups. You can attempt Windows Server Backups against these volumes.