This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error STC failure occurred mid transfer. - Final error (-50 The request is not supported.).
- ShadowSnap is trying to back up a volume that may not be actively recognized or supported
- Many times this will be seen when attempting to back up FAT32 partitions or older volume types. It can also occur if the volume is formatted as ReFS.
If you have not done so already, follow the preliminary steps in the Start Here article.
- Exclude the incompatible volume types and attempt a backup again.
- Determine if ShadowProtect will exhibit the same error by using a ShadowProtect backup against the same volume.
- If this fails as well, the volume should remain excluded from the backups. You can attempt Windows Server Backups against these volumes.