This article describes that cause and possible solutions for the error Final error (-5 Access is denied.)
- The error code -5 is an official Microsoft System Error Code for "Access is denied."
- Typically this error occurs with the ShadowSnap agent when the StorageCraft process "sbrun" does not have permissions to the raw file.
- It can also result from the incorrect version of ShadowProtect installed on the device.
If you have not done so already, follow the preliminary steps in the Start Here article.
- Ensure that the ShadowProtect Service, StorageCraft RAW Agent Service, and StorageCraft Shadow Copy Provider services are still set to Log On As Local System in services.msc.
- If you haven't done so already, ensure that the correct version of ShadowProtect is installed.