This article describes the Protect tab of the GUI on SIRIS and ALTO appliances.
Clicking Protect directs you to the Backup Agents page, which displays an overview of the local backup status for each protected machine.
Figure 1: Backup Agents List
This section displays the hostname of the protected machine, and how it was paired to the SIRIS or ALTO.
These configurations allow an administrator to manipulate backups, backup settings, remove the agent, and access backup logs. Please visit the following articles for more information:
This section displays the last time an protected machine was backed up locally and how often it is scheduled to back up. The last time the device ran a screenshot verification and whether or not it succeeded is also displayed. You can also Start a Backup in this section. If a backup is running, the backup's current progress will be displayed.
There is also a table of statistics about the protected machine.
- Protected Storage refers to the total storage used on the protected machine for all the volumes that are being backed up by this appliance.
- Protected Volumes identifies which hard drives are being protected by the Datto device.
- Local Used refers to the amount of space used on the SIRIS and ALTO for this specific protected machine.
- OS Version identifies the protected machine's operating system.
- Agent Version identifies the software version of the backup agent installed on the protected machine.
If there is an error with a backup or a backup configuration, a red dialog box will identify the error above the agent. Further information about the error can be found by clicking Get More Info.
Figure 3: Backup error
If one or more of the agent's previously-backed-up volumes becomes excluded from the backup set, you Protect page will display a warning next to the affected agent, as shown in Figure 4. If the volume is still available on the production machine, you can re-include it in the backup set on the Volume Level Backup Control section of the Configure Agent Settings page.