This article describes the Protect tab of the Datto SIRIS and ALTO appliance GUI.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
The Protect page allows you to manage backups for systems protected by your Datto appliance, and add new protected systems. To access the Protect page of your Datto appliance, perform the following steps.
1. Access the Datto appliance GUI. Click the Protect tab, as shown in Figure 1.
2. You will see the Backup Agents page, shown in Figure 2.
The Backup Agents page displays the following information:
1. Dismiss All Errors: Clears all errors for all protected systems listed on the page. See the Agent Error section of this article for more information.
2. Hide / Show Pagination Controls: Hides or shows the Pagination Controls shown in Figure 1, Callout 5.
3. Hide / Show Archived: Hides or shows backup sets that are in an archived status. For more information about archived backups, see Configure Agent Settings: Archive Agent.
4. Add A New Agent: Allows you to protect a new system for your Datto appliance. Clicking this option will launch the Protect a System Wizard.
5. Pagination Controls: Allows you to sort and limit the display of protected systems on the Backup Agents page. The available options are:
- Sort By: Hostname, IP Address, Operating System, Errors, Last Backup, or Local Used
- Order: Ascending or Descending
- Agents Per Page: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 or All Agents
6. Protected System Name and IP / FQDN / Hostname: Shows the protected system's name (as it appears on the production machine), and the IP address, FQDN, or hostname the protected system uses to pair with your Datto appliance.
Datto recommends only pairing production machines by IP or FQDN, never by hostname. To change an existing agent's pairing scheme, see the Rename Agent article (for agent-based systems) or the Reassign Agentless System article (for agentless systems).
7. Agent Management Options: These options allow you to manipulate backups, change backup settings, remove the agent, and access backup logs. For more information, see the following articles:
8. Agent Overview: This section displays a summary of a protected system's backups, including whether they are encrypted, paused, or archived. From this panel, you can see the last time a protected machine was backed up successfully, how often its backups will run, the last time the device ran a screenshot verification, and whether or not the verification succeeded. You can also manually Start a Backup in this section. If a backup is running, the backup's current progress will be displayed.
9. Protected System Information:
This table displays information about the protected system and its backups. The information shown is as follows:
- Protected Storage refers to the total storage used on the protected machine for all the volumes that are being backed up by this appliance.
- Protected Volumes identifies which hard drives are being protected by the Datto device.
- Local Used refers to the amount of space used on the SIRIS and ALTO for this specific protected machine.
- OS Version identifies the protected machine's operating system.
- Agent Version identifies the software version of the backup agent installed on the protected machine.
If there is an error with a backup or a backup configuration, a red dialog box will identify the error above the agent. Further information about the error can be found by clicking Get More Info.
If one or more of the agent's previously-backed-up volumes becomes excluded from the backup set, you Protect page will display a warning next to the affected agent, as shown in Figure 3. If the volume is still available on the production machine, you can re-include it in the backup set on the Volume Level Backup Control section of the Configure Agent Settings page.