This article describes the Protect (aka "Backup Agents") page of the GUI on SIRIS and ALTO appliances.
This page displays an overview of the local backup status for each protected machine.
Figure 1 - Backup Agents List
This section displays the Host name of the protected machine and how it was paired to the SIRIS or ALTO. If the device was protected by Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), then that would show up instead of the IP address shown above.
Note: Datto recommends only pairing production machines by IP or FQDN, never by hostname.
3. Agent Configurations
These configurations allow an administrator to manipulate backups, backup settings, remove the agent, and access backup logs. Please visit the following articles for more information:
4. Backup Agents
This section displays the last time an protected machine was backed up locally and how often it is scheduled to back up. The last time the device did a screenshot verification and whether or not it succeeded is also displayed. You can also Start a Backup in this section. If a backup is running, the backup's current progress will be displayed.
Figure 2 - Agent Status
There is also a table of statistics about the protected machine.
- Protected Storage refers to the total storage used on the protected machine for all the volumes that are being backed up by this appliance.
- Protected Volumes identifies which hard drives are being protected by the Datto device.
- Local Used refers to the amount of space used on the SIRIS and ALTO for this specific protected machine.
- OS Version identifies the protected machine's operating system.
- Agent Version identifies the software version of the backup agent installed on the protected machine.
5. Agent Error
If there is an error with a backup or a backup configuration, a red dialog box will identify the error above the agent. Further information about the error can be found by clicking Get More Info.
Figure 3 - Backup Error