This article describes the procedure to change the Share Compatibility Mode for an agent on a Datto device. Selecting this feature changes the SIRIS SAMBA share to be persistent and available on the LAN. In some legacy Domain environments, you may need to enable this option to successfully transfer data across the network on a consistent basis.
To enable Share Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:
- Open up the web interface for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Scroll to the Advanced section to find the Share Compatibility Mode option, as shown in Figure 1.
- Check the box next to Share Compatibility Mode.
Figure 1 - Share Compatibility Mode