This article describes how to access a Datto device over a LAN or through the Internet with a web browser. The web UI allows you to manage the Datto device without having to connect a monitor, keyboard, or mouse to the device.
There are two ways to access the web interface:
- From the same LAN as the Datto appliance, you can directly navigate to the appliance's IP address in a web browser. You'll need to log in with a username and password.
- If you're not on site with the Datto appliance, you can connect through the Remote Web program. To do this, you'll need to have access credentials through the Datto Partner Portal and the Datto appliance must have ports 2200-2250 open outbound to Datto's Remote Monitoring Servers.
Accessing the Datto Device from the LAN
There are two ways to gain local access to a device's web interface:
- If you are on the same LAN as the device, you can browse to http://device.dattobackup.com. This page displays a list of all of the Datto devices on your LAN. Simply click on the device you wish to access.
- From the same LAN as the device, you can enter the device's IP address into the browser location bar.
Accessing the Datto Device from a Remote Location
If you are not onsite with the Datto device, you can access Remote Web through the Partner Portal
- Go to https://partners.datto.com, and log in to your account.
- Click the Status tab, then choose BCDR Status from the drop down menu.
- Search for the device name.
- Click on the Remote Web icon to launch Remote Web. Refer to Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Launch Remote Web from the Partner Portal