This article describes how to adjust the time allotted to the Volume Shadow Copy service before it times out. The default setting is set to 15 minutes. If an agent requires more than 15 minutes for VSS to return information to the Datto appliance, then there is usually an issue with communications between one or more of the agent services on the protected machine and the Datto device. There may also be an issue with the backup agent software installation, or a problem with the protected machine.
To configure the Snapshot Timeout for an agent, follow these steps:
- Open up Remote Web for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Advanced section, and scroll to Snapshot Timeout, as shown in Figure 1.
- Choose your preferred timeout limit, and then click Apply.
Figure 1 - Snapshot Timeout