This article describes how to force local retention. You can use this feature after adjusting your Retention settings to free up space on the Datto device. Keep in mind that tightening your retention settings will delete data from the device. It will not, however, delete any data from the Cloud.
To force retention, follow these steps:
- Open up Remote Web for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Advanced section, and scroll to Force Retention, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1- Force Retention interface
- You will be given a prompt to confirm. Type yes to confirm.
After forcing retention, device recovery points will be permanently deleted pursuant to the retention settings specified for the agent. Once this is completed, a green button with "Retention completed." will display.