This article describes how to force local retention.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
This feature allows you to immediately apply configured retention settings to an agent or NAS share on your Datto appliance. You can use this feature to free up space on the device. Keep in mind that tightening your retention settings will delete data from the appliance. It will not, however, delete any data from the Datto Cloud.
To force retention, follow these steps:
- Access the GUI of the Datto appliance.
- Click the Protect tab. If you are forcing local retention on a NAS share, click the File Share tab.
- Find the agent or share that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent. For a NAS share, click Configure Share Settings.
- Scroll to the Advanced section of the page, and select Force Retention, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Force Retention interface (click for larger image)
- You will be given a prompt to confirm. Type yes to confirm.
After forcing retention, device recovery points will be permanently deleted pursuant to the retention settings specified for the agent. Once this is completed, a green button with "Retention completed." will display.