This article describes how to repair the agent communications between the device and the protected machine.
This is the first step when you are getting errors related to agent communication.
To repair agent communications, follow these steps:
- Open up Remote Web for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Advanced section, and scroll to Repair Agent Communications, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Repair Agent Communications.
Figure 1 - Repair Agent Communications
After clicking Repair Agent Communication, the device will take approximately 15-20 seconds to repair communications. During this, it will give a status update indicating that agent communications were successfully repaired. If you receive an error message, check out the following article: Start here to troubleshoot a Windows backup error.