This article describes how to remove an agent's live dataset from a Datto device.
Destroying the live dataset of a protected system will delete the live disk images but leave the snapshot chain intact. If you want to remove a system's entire backup chain fro your appliance, see SIRIS, ALTO, and NAS: Remove Agent.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
If you destroy the live dataset, the system will take a new full backup, which will take up the space of a new full image on the device. Only use this option if this protected machine's disks have re-sized or the protected machine's disk image is irreparably corrupt.
To destroy the live dataset:
1. Open Remote Web for the Datto device.
2. Click the Protect tab.
2. Find the agent that you wish to configure.
4. Click Configure Agent Settings for the protected system.
5. Go to the Advanced section, and scroll to Destroy Live Dataset.
6. Click Destroy Live Dataset.
When the process completes, the page will reload.