This article describes how to remove an agent's live dataset from a Datto device. This will stop any backups in progress and delete the live disk images but leave the snapshot chain intact. This will result in the agent taking a new full backup, which will take up the space of a new full image on the device. Only use this option if this protected machine's disks have been re-sized or the protected machine's disk image is irreparably corrupt.
To destroy the live dataset, follow these steps:
- Open Remote Web for the Datto device.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Advanced section, and scroll to Destroy Live Dataset, as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Destroy Live Dataset.
- After a few seconds, the process completes, and the page will reload
Figure 1: Destroy Live Dataset