This article explains how to set up Critical Error Alerts and Warning Notice emails for a backup target or share.
To find the Critical Error Alerts and Warning Notices settings, follow these steps:
- Open up web interface for the Datto appliance.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent or Share Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Reporting & Alerting section, and scroll to Critical Error Alerts.
- To receive Critical Error Alerts and/or Warning Notices, fill in the email address field(s) and click Apply (for this agent only) or Apply to All (for all agents on the device).
- If you would like to receive a test email, click the Send a Test Email button.
Critical Error Alerts
Figure 1 - Critical Error Alerts Setup
Critical Error Alerts refer to error states in which local backups for the agent are no longer occurring and are unable to resume. Examples include the following:
- Agent unreachable over multiple backup windows
- Backups fail to complete multiple times
- Device filesystem is full
Warning Notices are alerts which do not require urgent priority for attention. For example, if a backup was missed but is likely to resume. See Figure 2.
Figure 2 - Warning Notices Setup
The Log Digests option sends a midnight log digest of the last 24 hours of activity for an agent. Note: These digests can be quite long and are very verbose. Your first digest email is sent after the next logging event.
Figure 3 - Log Digests Setup