This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error STC failure occurred mid transfer. stcx.SnapshotError: HSR Commit failed after 3 attempts.
- While running a backup, the agent was unable to commit the finalization data for the volume. The ShadowSnap agent could not query the incremental tracking state on the volume.
- The ShadowSnap agent could not read the volume's disk headers.
- Starting with Version 3.2.0 of ShadowSnap, this error may appear. The backup state was determined to be a failed backup requiring a differential merge to be executed in order to correct the incremental tracking state and repair the image headers.
- The next backup after that error appears will be a differential merge.
- This should be automatically executed by the agent. If not, we can force a differential merge.