This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error Final error (-1392 Invalid data format.)
Here are some possible causes for this error:
- You will receive this message if the Volume is a GPT, Dynamic, or any type of software raid. In this case, you can ignore the error.
- The incremental tracker was reset during the process of trying to verify the last backup image on the chain.
- The incremental tracker was misread when trying to validate the last backup in the chain and needs to be reset. For instance if a backup is interrupted mid-transfer by system failure, often the incremental tracker used to track the last backup chains will be thrown off.
1. Update the versions of ShadowSnap and ShadowProtect to the latest version from this link.
2. If the agent hasn't done so already, force a differential merge from the Advanced section under the Configure Agent Settings page.
Typically when this error appears, a differential merge will be automatically triggered by the agent and should backup automatically after the error message is generated.
Only trigger this if the backup doesn't automatically run immediately after the error appears.