This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error: Final error (-53 The network path was not found.)
- The Datto machine has lost communication when attempting a backup of the machine. The target server cannot be reached or queried when attempting a backup.
- Modified DNS settings on the device are preventing communication to the target machine.
- Additionally, a different subnet could be unreachable if the machine being backed up can't communicate with the subnet on which the Datto resides.
- The following article covers some of the information about the Microsoft Error Code
- Ensure that there is a stable route between the Datto and the target machine.
- Check if you can ping the target machine from the same LAN.
- Verify the DNS settings of the Datto device to ensure that they match up with the target machine.
- If the target is on a different subnet, make sure that the machines can be accessed on the Datto's assigned subnet.
- If not, either use the secondary NIC, or make sure the client can access both networks on the NICs.
If the issue is still occurring after doing these steps, contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.