This article describes the cause and possible solution for the error: Final error (-53 The network path was not found.)
- The Datto machine has lost communication when attempting a backup of the machine. The target server cannot be reached or queried when attempting a backup.
- Modified DNS settings on the device are preventing communication to the target machine.
- Additionally, a different subnet could be unreachable if the machine being backed up can't communicate with the subnet on which the Datto resides.
- The following article covers some of the information about the Microsoft Error Code
Follow the preliminary steps in the provided article:
If these steps do not fix the issue, please do the following steps:
- Ensure that there is a stable route between the Datto and the target machine.
- Check if you can ping the target machine from the same LAN.
- Verify the DNS settings of the Datto device to ensure that they match up with the target machine.
- If the target is on a different subnet, make sure that the machines can be accessed on the Datto's assigned subnet.
- If not, either use the secondary NIC, or make sure the client can access both networks on the NICs.