This article covers common causes and a possible solution behind the error: "Backup requested but an old backupRequest still exists!"
There are a variety of causes of this error such as:
- A backup is already in progress.
- The agent is intermittently unreachable, but the maximum attempts for the backup job has not been reached.
To troubleshoot, try the following steps:
- Log into the web interface for the device
- Under the Protect tab, check if there is a backup in progress for the protected machine.
- Navigate to the Manage Recovery Points. Check to see when the backups finished around the time of any scheduled backups
- Listed under the Show Agent Logs, select Backup Logs. Check if there are any unreachable errors. This will indicate a likely environmental issue with the protected machine. For example: Can't reach the services or Activate StorageCraft server
If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, reach out Datto Technical Support for further assistance.