This article covers common causes and a possible solution behind the error: "Backup requested but an old backupRequest still exists!"
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
There are a variety of causes of this error such as:
- a backup already in progress.
- The agent is intermittently unreachable, but the maximum attempts for the backup job have not been reached.
To troubleshoot, try the following steps:
1. Log into the web interface for the device
2. Under the Protect tab, check if there is a backup in progress for the protected machine.
3. Navigate to the Manage Recovery Points. Check to see when the backups finished around the time of any scheduled backups
4. Listed under the Show Agent Logs, select Backup Logs. Check if there are any unreachable errors. This will indicate a likely environmental issue with the protected machine. For example: Can't reach the services or Activate StorageCraft server
If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.