This article is about the alert sent out when one of the hard drives on a Datto device fails its SMART Status check.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
The alert informs you that one or more of the hard drives on the Datto device has failed a SMART status check. This alert can be an indicator of a potential drive failure.
SMART Status alerts works through the Partner Portal and can be enabled/disabled under the Devices tab for the Datto device.
You can investigate SMART Status error(s) through the Device Web interface. Under the Advanced tab, select Advanced Device Status and navigate to the Drive Status section.
Drive Status displays the following:
- Device Drive
- Serial Number
- Type, Size
- Bad Sectors
- Power-On Hours
- Power Cycles
- Hard Drive Errors (if any)
- Health of the ZFS Raid
The following conditions will trigger a SMART Alert:
- Raw Read Error Rate: Greater than 200
- Reallocated Sector CT: Greater than 100
- Seek Error Rate: Greater than 50
- Temperature in Celsius: 55 degrees Celsius.
- Reallocated Event Count: Greater than 50
- Current Pending Sector: Greater than 50
- Offline Uncorrectable: Greater than 5
- CRC Error Count: Low numbers may trigger an alert, but pose no issue. A high number could indicate a bad SATA cable.
- Multi-Zone Error Rate: Greater than 150