When you try to repair agent communications with machines running the ShadowSnap Agent, you receive the error message, "502 cannot repair agent communications."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- ShadowSnap Agent
1. Attempt to repair agent communications. If the agent cannot communicate with Datto's pairing servers, you should get the same error. If the error message goes away, start a new backup.
2. On the production machine, confirm the following services are started and restart them as necessary:
- StorageCraft Raw Agent Service
- StorageCraft Shadow Copy Provider
- ShadowProtect Service
After restarting these services, attempt to repair agent communications.
3. If the agent was added by domain name, verify all DNS and DNS search domain settings from the Datto appliance's Networking tab.
4. Ensure the protected machine is accessible through ports 25566 and 139. Check that you have Windows firewall and anti-virus exceptions in place to allow communication.
If the issue continues, contact Datto Technical Support.