This article describes the error "The device currently has active restores" preventing the update process on a Datto appliance.
Removing Active Restores
To solve the problem, follow these steps:
- Head over to the Remote Web UI of your device.
- Open up the Restore tab at the top.
Figure 1 - Restore tab
- On the Restore tab, ensure that there are no active file restores, local virtualizations, image exports, or bare metal restores. A recovery point comparison will also cause this error.
Figure 2 - Active File Restore
- If there are any active recovery points, ensure that they are no longer needed, then click on Remove Restore for each one, as shown in Figure 2.
If you have removed all active restores and still receive this error, follow these steps:
- click on the Protect tab. Then, go into Manage Recovery Points for your protected machines. See if you find any recovery points marked Active, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 - Active Recovery Point
- Note the Date for the recovery point.
- Click the Restore tab. Start a local virtualization for the recovery point. Then, remove the restore.
- Try to run device updates again.
For information on how to update your Datto appliance, see the Device Updates article.