This article discusses the process to force Screenshot Backup Verification for a recovery point on a Datto device. Forcing Screenshot Verification can be useful to test additional recovery points, should your scheduled Screenshot(s) fail, or you need to verify that a specific recovery point is bootable before performing a restore. You may place multiple Screenshots into the queue at once, but only one Screenshot Verification process may run at a time.
The steps to force a screenshot for an agent are as follows:
- Log into the Remote Web interface for the Datto device.
- At the top of the screen, navigate to the Protect page.
- For the desired protected machine, click Manage Recovery Points.
- Find the recovery point for which you would like to initiate a screenshot.
- On the left hand side, select the checkbox for that recovery point.
If you do not see any recovery points with checkboxes available, click Start a Backup for the target system on the Protect tab of the GUI. Then, resume this process from Step 2.
- At the prompt, click the Take Screenshot button.
Once that is done, this recovery point will be queued for a Screenshot. Keep in mind that Screenshot Verification may not execute immediately if other processes are running, or when a Local Virtualization is active.