This article describes the procedure to synchronize a USB RoundTrip drive with a Datto device. For background on the RoundTrip process, see the article RoundTrip Overview.
For details on synchronizing a NAS RoundTrip with a Datto device, click here.
- Datto RoundTrip
1. Connect the Datto RoundTrip drive's USB cable into an available USB port on the Datto device.
2. Log in to your Datto device's GUI, and click the Synchronize tab.
3. If the USB drive was successfully detected by your appliance, you will see a green button that says Perform RoundTrip Sync, as shown in Figure 1. If drive detection failed, the button will read "Please attach a RoundTrip Drive."
Figure 1: Perform a RoundTrip Sync button
4. Click Perform a USB RoundTrip Sync. You will see the RoundTrip Wizard welcome screen shown in Figure 2. Click Next to continue.
Figure 2: RoundTrip Wizard welcome
5. Select the Enclosures (USB drives) you will use for the RoundTrip, as shown in Figure 3. Click Next to continue.
Figure 3: Select Enclosures
6. You will see the Select Agents window. Select the agents and NAS shares that you want to sync to the RoundTrip. Click Next to continue.
Figure 4: Select Agents
7. If you chose Advanced Options in the previous step, click the Agent or NAS (on the left) to select snapshots to sync to the RoundTrip (on the right). Click Next to continue.
Figure 5: Advanced Options
The following table explains the icons in the Advanced Options window:
|The snapshot is already offsite|
|The snapshot can be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|Last snapshot to be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|First snapshot to be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|Matching snapshot both local and offsite required to maintain the chain offsite
Note: Double click the Lock icon to modify the range of points.
8. Click Start RoundTrip to have the Datto device sync the specified information to the RoundTrip drive.
9. You will see the Confirmation window shown in Figure 6. Click the Start Roundtrip button to continue.
Figure 6: RoundTrip Information confirmation
10. Click the Close Wizard button. The RoundTrip Wizard will then close, and the user interface on the device will update with "RoundTrip is running" and indicate the step it is on.
When the RoundTrip sync is finished, the left panel will update the Last RoundTrip time stamp, and you will see the Start RoundTrip button.
To check the status of the RoundTrip while it is running, access the appliance GUI and click the Synchronize tab. Your Datto device will report the RoundTrip's sync status. An example is shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: RoundTrip Status
When the RoundTrip Sync has finished, send the RoundTrip drive back to Datto to have the data synchronized to the Datto Cloud. Be sure to label the drive with your support ticket number as well as either your name or reseller ID. You can find the return shipping label in the box that the RoundTrip drive came in, as shown in Figure 8. The PO # field will match the serial number of the Datto appliance that the RoundTrip was ordered for. If the label has been misplaced, email email@example.com with your device information. Datto will e-mail you a printable PDF return label.
Figure 8: RoundTrip Return Shipping Label