This article describes the procedure to synchronize a USB RoundTrip drive with a Datto device. For background on the RoundTrip process, see the article RoundTrip Overview.
- For details on synchronizing a NAS RoundTrip with a Datto device, click here.
- For details on making a local archive, click here.
- Datto RoundTrip
1. Connect the Datto RoundTrip drive's USB cable into an available USB port on the Datto device.
2. Log in to your Datto device's GUI, and click the Synchronize tab.
3. If the USB drive was successfully detected by your appliance, you will see a green button that says Perform RoundTrip Sync, as shown in Figure 1. If drive detection failed, the button will read "Please attach a RoundTrip Drive."
4. Click Perform a USB RoundTrip Sync. You will see the RoundTrip Wizard welcome screen shown in Figure 2. Click Next to continue.
5. Select the Enclosures (USB drives) you will use for the RoundTrip, as shown in Figure 3. Click Next to continue.
6. You will see the Select Agents window. Select the agents and NAS shares that you want to sync to the RoundTrip.
When ready, Click Next to continue.
7. If you chose Advanced Options in the previous step, click the Agent or NAS (on the left) to select snapshots to sync to the RoundTrip (on the right). Click Next to continue.
The following table explains the icons in the Advanced Options window:
|The snapshot is already offsite|
|The snapshot can be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|Last snapshot to be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|First snapshot to be synchronized to the RoundTrip drive|
|Matching snapshot both local and offsite required to maintain the chain offsite
Note: Double click the Lock icon to modify the range of points.
8. Click Start RoundTrip to have the Datto device sync the specified information to the RoundTrip drive.
9. You will see the Confirmation window shown in Figure 6. Click the Start Roundtrip button to continue.
10. Click the Close Wizard button. The device's GUI will update with "RoundTrip is running" and indicate the step it is on.
When the RoundTrip sync is finished, the left panel will update the Last RoundTrip time stamp, and you will see the Start RoundTrip button.
To check the status of the RoundTrip while it is running, access the appliance GUI and click the Synchronize tab. Your Datto device will report the RoundTrip's sync status. An example is shown in Figure 7.
When the RoundTrip Sync finishes, send the RoundTrip drive back to Datto to have the data synchronized to the Datto Cloud. Be sure to label the drive with your support ticket number as well as either your name or reseller ID. You can find the return shipping label in the box the RoundTrip drive came in. The PO# field will match the serial number of the Datto appliance for which the RoundTrip was ordered.
If the label has been misplaced, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your device information. Datto will e-mail you a printable PDF return label.
Figure 8: RoundTrip Return Shipping Label