This article explains the cause and troubleshooting steps for the following error: Error - Offsite Replication - Not completely synchronized.
This is an alert that notifies that a Datto device has not synchronized with Datto's servers.
Here's an example of this alert:
From: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> Reply-To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> Date: To: Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> Subject: Datto ALERT SN: Host: ID: 4 Type: Sync Completion Alert You are receiving this alert because the device has not completely synchronized with Datto's servers in over X days.
This is an error that's controlled through the Partner Portal. In order to check these settings, follow these steps:
1. Log into the Partner Portal.
2. Go to the Devices menu and select Status.
3. Find the device to be modified, and select it.
4. In the left panel, select the Setup Alerts link.
5. This is also where you'll configure the offsite alert interval, edit the e-mail to be notified of device alerts, and enable or disable the alert.
Figure 4 - Device Alerts (Partner Portal)
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the web interface for the device.
2. Click on the Configure tab.
3. Then, click Offsite Synchronization. You will see the Current Rate of Change section (Figure 1).
Note: The Daily and Weekly rate of change (Figure 2)
Figure 1 - Current Agent Rate of Change
4. Then, click on the Configure tab, and then choose Offsite Synchronization (Figure 2).
Note: Check the Average data synced per day, and compare it to the Current Agent Rate of Change.
Figure 2 - Off-Site Sync Bandwidth Limit
In this example, the daily rate of change exceeds the daily sync speed. However, the weekly rate of change is smaller than the total weekly sync speed. This is because incremental backups are set to run Monday through Friday. This means the agent will fall behind offsite during the week and catch up over the weekend. To remedy the issue increase the Default Transmit Limit of your device.
5. In the same window, make sure that Off-Site Sync has not been paused. If it is paused, press the Resume button (Figure 3).
Figure 3 - Resume Off-Site Sync