This article explains the cause and troubleshooting steps for the following error: "Error - Offsite Replication - Not completely synchronized."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
The Datto device has not synchronized with Datto's servers. Here is an example of this alert:
From: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: To: Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Datto ALERT SN: Host: ID: 4 Type: Sync Completion Alert You are receiving this alert because the device has not completely synchronized with Datto's servers in over X days.
Navigating to the alert configuration screen
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select BCDR Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Find the device in the Devices menu, and click the device name.
3. Click Device Alerts in the Device Overview card.
4. This is also where you'll configure the offsite alert interval, edit the e-mail to be notified of device alerts, and enable or disable the alert.
1. Log in to the web interface for the device, click the Configure tab, and select Off-Site Synchronization from the drop-down menu.
Figure 5: Select Off-Site Synchronization
2. Compare the average data synced per day to the current system rate of change.
Figure 5: Current Agent Rate of Change
If the daily rate of change exceeds the daily sync speed, but the weekly rate of change is smaller than the total weekly sync speed, it is likely because incremental backups are set to run Monday through Friday. This means the agent will fall behind offsite during the week and catch up over the weekend. To remedy the issue increase the Default Transmit Limit of your device.
5. In the same window, make sure that Off-Site Sync has not been paused. If it is paused, press the Resume button.
Figure 6: Resume Off-Site Sync