This article outlines how to gather and send diagnostic logs to Datto Support for use in a support case while troubleshooting backups that use ShadowSnap or the Datto Windows Agent.
- Gathering ShadowSnap (ShadowProtect) Diagnostic Logs
- Gathering Datto Windows Agent Diagnostic Logs
- Gathering VMware logs for agentless backups
- Download the diagnostic utility http://www.storagecraft.com/support/sites/support.storagecraft.com/files/spdiagnostic_7.1.217.zip
- Extract all contents to a folder.
- Run the
runsupportmode.cmdWindows command script.
- If using
runsupportmode.cmddoes not start the diagnostic, you can start the diagnostic directly by running
- It may also be necessary to runs these executables as administrator.
.7zfile) to send to Support.
- This folder will typically be named
SPDIAGNOSTICand located in
SPDIAGNOSTICfolder and attach it to the ticket.
1. Collect the Windows System and Application logs
Export the Windows System and Application logs and attach them to your Datto support ticket.
2. Collect the Datto Windows Agent SQLite log
Windows Vista and up
- Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\config\
systemprofile\AppData\Local\ Datto\Datto Windows Agent\ and attach the dba.sqlite file to your support ticket.
Windows XP / Server 2003
- Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Datto\Datto Windows Agent\ and attach the dba.sqlite file to your support ticket.
See Collecting diagnostic information for VMware ESX/ESXi (653) (external link) for information regarding gathering VMware logs from protected systems running agentless backups.