This article explains how to use the ShadowProtect HIR Configuration utility to diagnose and repair a ShadowProtect backup in order to perform a Bare Metal Restore. These instructions assume that you have already booted the target machine with the ShadowProtect Recovery Environment ISO.
Perform these steps in the ShadowProtect Recovery Environment:
- Go to the Tools menu, and choose HIR Configuration, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - HIR Configuration
- Select the drive you are restoring from, and click Start. You'll see the process as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 - Searching for Device Drivers
- When the process completes, you'll see a log file showing the status of all recovered drivers. Look for any failed or corrupt drivers.
Figure 3 - HIR Configuration Summary
- If you find drivers that are failed, corrupt, or low matches, you can try to fix them by clicking the Advanced... button.
Figure 4 - Advanced Options
- In this window, you can manually add drivers or have ShadowProtect automatically search for better drivers.