This article describes the Your Shares page of the Datto appliance user interface.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
The Your Shares page allows you to manage the network file shares on your Datto appliance. To access it, perform the following steps:
1. From your Datto appliance's GUI, click File Share → Network Attached Storage.
Figure 1: Accessing Your Shares
Figure 2: An example NAS share
The following actions are available on the Your Shares page:
Figure 3: Back up or create a share
- Backup External Share: Back up an external share with NAS Guard
- Create Share: Create an additional NAS or iSCSI share
Figure 4: Share actions
- Take a Snapshot: Allows you to manually request a snapshot operation of your share.
- Manage Recovery Points: Launches the management console for all of the share's backup points that exist locally and offsite.
- Configure Share Settings: Lists all configuration settings available for your share.
- Remove Share: Enables removal of the share and all of its contents from the Datto appliance.
Figure 5: Share details
This page also reports detailed information about each share:
- Last Successful Snapshot: Timestamp of the last successful snapshot operation of this share
- Current Interval: How often the Datto appliance takes a snapshot of the share, in minutes or hours
- Connecting to your share: All available connectivity options for accessing your share. Both NAS and iSCSI shares have unique options
Figure 6: NAS share details
Figure 7: iSCSI Share details
- Local Used: Reports the total amount of data which the share is using locally on the Datto device.
- Visibility: Indicates whether the share is public, or private and requires credentials upon access.
- No. of Users (NAS Only): Returns the number of active user sessions to the share.
- CHAP (iSCSI Only): Advises whether or not the share has CHAP Authentication enabled.