How do I manage my employees' access to Datto tools?
- Datto Partner Portal
- Datto Academy
- Datto Knowledge Base
- Zendesk support ticket system
A Partner Portal Organization Login account can create individual employee accounts. These are ideal if you have multiple employees managing and servicing Datto devices. Datto's tools share access information, so your employees can log in to each one using the same username and password.
Getting Started with Managing Employees
Begin managing your employees from the Partner Portal by choosing the Admin tab and selecting Manage Employees.
Figure 1: Manage Employees
Click the Add Employees button.
Figure 2: Add Employees
Enter all relevant employee information. For the employee's role, the levels are as follows:
- Admin: Full account access with the exception of Account Settings. Account Settings may only be managed by the primary account holder.
- Business: Access to the Partner Store, the SaaS Store, and ability to purchase Shadow Protect licenses. Access to all Admin pages except Device Status, Device Audit and RoundTrips. Access to Integrations, Manage Clients, and Manage Employees under the Admin tab.
- Tech: Access to device status information, Ticket Portal, and APIs. Tech accounts do not have access to any marketing or store features, and cannot manage employees or users.
- Sales and Marketing: Access to marketing materials, pricing sheets, and the ability to purchase items through the store. Sales and Marketing accounts cannot manage employees or users.
The new employees will get an email containing temporary credentials for login. This email will also go to the primary email address for the main Datto Resale Portal Account.
Figure 4: New Employee confirmation email
Adding a new technician to Zendesk
- Make a new employee account and assign them the role of Tech.
- Have the new technician log into the Partner Portal. This creates the Zendesk account.
- Have the technician log into Zendesk with their Datto credentials.
Editing an Existing Employee's Profile
Accessing an Existing Employee's Profile
- From the Manage Employees window, click the pencil icon in line with that employee's name. This opens a screen with the employee's details.
- Edit the appropriate details - email address, role, phone number - and then click Save Changes.
Changing an Existing Employee's Password
- With the employee's name selected, click the Lost Login link at the bottom of the section. This will take you to the Change Password screen.
- Change the password by entering the current and new passwords.
- Click Submit.
Deleting an Existing Employee
- Click the wastebasket icon next to the employee's name.
- Click Delete Employee to delete the existing employee.