This article explains how you can provide your employees with access to Datto Academy, Datto's support ticket system, Knowledge Base, and the Partner Portal.
Benefits of Adding Employees
Each Partner Portal Organization Login account has administrative access and can create individual employee accounts with one of four levels of access. These sub-accounts are ideal if you have several employees managing and servicing Datto devices. Datto Academy, support ticket system, Knowledge Base, and the Partner Portal share access information, so your employees can log in to each one using the same username and password.
Also, individual employee accounts can view each other's communications in the Datto Ticket Portal.
Getting Started with Managing Employees
Begin managing your employees from the Partner Portal by choosing the Admin tab and selecting "Manage Employees." This opens the Manage Employees screen.
Adding an Employee
- From the Manage Employees page, click Add Employees. This opens the Add Employee window.
- Enter all relevant employee information. For the employee's Role, the levels are as follows:
To enable two-factor authentication, you must enter a phone number.
- Admin: Full account access with the exception of Account Settings. Account Settings may only be managed by the primary account holder.
- Business: Access to the Partner Store, the SaaS Store, and ability to purchase Shadow Protect licenses.
- Tech: Access to device status information, Ticket Portal, and APIs.
- Sales and Marketing: Access to marketing materials, pricing sheets, and the ability to purchase items through the store.
- Click Save and Add Another, then Create Employee to create the account.
Once you click the Create Employee button, the new employee will receive an email containing temporary credentials for login. The primary email address associated with the main Datto Resale Portal Account will receive a copy of the same email.
Editing an Existing Employee's Profile
- From the Manage Employees window, click the Edit (pencil) icon in line with that employee's name. This opens a screen with the employee's details.
- Edit the appropriate details - email address, role, phone number - and then click Save Changes.
Changing an Existing Employee's Password
- With the employee's name selected, click the Lost Login link at the bottom of the section. This will take you to the Change Password screen.
- Change the password by entering the current and new passwords.
- Click Submit.
- Click the wastebasket icon next to the employee's name.
- Click DELETE EMPLOYEE to delete the existing employee.