This article describes the Partner Portal Device Status page. The Status section provides a high level view of all of the Datto Devices associated with an organization. To access this page, log into the Partner Portal, and click the Status option in the Devices menu.
Figure 1 - Devices Menu
The Status section of the Datto Portal is the gateway to managing all Datto appliances remotely. Once an order for a Datto device has been processed by the Datto Build Team, it will appear on this page. Figure 2 shows the Status page.
Figure 2 - Devices Status Page
The following list is an index of the numbers shown in Figure 2. Click the links to get more information about each section.
Device Status Bar
This section explains the information you can find on the Device Status Bar, as shown in Figure 3. Refer to the list below to see what each indicator means.
Figure 3 - Device Status Bar
- Local device status indicates if there is an issue with a protected machine or the device itself. See Figure 4 for an explanation of the different icons.
- Offsite sync status indicates whether the device is fully synchronized with the Datto Cloud. See Figure 4 for an explanation of the different icons.
Figure 4 - Local Device and Offsite Synchronization Icon Legend
- Device Hostname
- Device Model Number, which indicates the type of device and its size.
- Local and Offsite Storage Used. The local storage is shown in terms of storage space percentage and the raw amount of storage used. The offsite storage amount is updated after a snapshot is synchronized to the Cloud. The portal uses the following color-coding to indicate quota use:
- Green - local storage raw usage less than 51%; offsite quota not exceeded
- Orange - local storage raw usage between 51% to 80%; offsite quota exceeded
- Red - local storage raw usage between 81% - 100%
A device indicator gives a quick reference of what is happening on the device. Figure 5 is an example.
Figure 5 - Device Indicator Example
Some other examples of indicators are Synchronization Status ("Syncing at 977KB"), Expiration status ("Expires Soon"), or a SMART error.
Expanded Device Status
To see more information about a device from within the Device Status page, click on the status bar.
Figure 6 - Expanded Device Status
- Agent - This column shows both protected machines and NAS Shares. In the case of a protected machine, it shows the name of the protected machine.
- Volume - This column shows the IP address of the protected machine, the FQDN name of the protected machine, or the name of the NAS share.
- Offsite - This column shows the time that the snapshot was last synchronized with the Datto Cloud.
- Local - This column shows when the protected machine was last backed up to the Datto device.
- Backup - This column shows whether the last local backup was successful (green checkmark) or failed (red X).
- Screenshot - For protected machines, this column shows whether the last screenshot was successful.
- An Asterisk * next to a backup denotes that there is at least one point that is still unsynced offsite