This article provides you with an index of important Knowledge Base articles to help you set up, maintain, and troubleshoot a Datto appliance.
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto NAS
- Windows Pre-Deployment And Ongoing Server Requirements
- Setting Up A New Datto Appliance
- Resolving First Time Deployment Issues
The following article describes the networking and bandwidth requirements that you must configure to ensure that Datto appliances for core functionality. These requirements vary based on your device model and what agent you have chosen.
Pairing target machines for backup
Use the Protect a System wizard within the Datto device UI to pair computers to the Datto appliance and configure the agent for backing up on a scheduled basis. The following articles describe configuration steps for the backup agents that Datto currently offers:
- Getting Started with the Datto Windows Agent
- Getting Started with the Datto Mac Agent
- Getting Started with the Linux Agent
- Getting Started with the ShadowSnap Agent
- Getting Started with Agentless Backups
- Creating a share on a Datto NAS device
The following articles are best-practices for specific environments, backup maintenance, and retention:
- Best-Practices: Understanding the Retention Process
- Best-Practices For Backup Maintenance Plans
- Best Practices For Protecting Multiple Subnets / Multiple Sites (MPLS/VPN)
- Best-Practices: Backing up Hypervisors
- Best-Practices: Backing up Oracle Databases
After a Datto appliance completes an initial backup of a protected machine, you may perform an offsite synchronization to replicate the snapshot to the Datto Cloud. Read these articles for steps on how to configure the feature, and for additional information on how offsite synchronization functions:
- SIRIS, ALTO, and NAS: Off-Site Synchronization Configuration
- Understanding Offsite Synchronization Modes
- Where is my Datto appliance's offsite data stored?
The RoundTrip process seeds your data in the Datto Cloud. Read the following articles for details for general information surrounding RoundTrips, and how to order one:
Business continuity essentials
Datto recommends researching and testing Disaster Recovery Scenarios in the event you need to perform a restore. Read our article on Datto Disaster Recovery Resources to familiarize yourself with our recovery options and choose the best that works for you.