This article explains the process to set up alerts for your Datto Devices via the Partner Portal. These alerts provide insight into a a device's hardware or account issues.
Alerts dealing with a device agents, such as backup and screenshot errors, can be updated via the Remote Web UI. For information on how to configure those alerts see the article Configuring Alerts in the Remote Web.
1. Log into the Datto Partner Portal at https://partners.dattobackup.com and select the Device tab. From the drop down menu, select Status.
2. Click on the device on which you would like to set device alerts. The left hand panel will show you the device you selected. This pane is the Device Spotlight. Scroll down, and select the Setup Alerts link.
4.1 Available Alerts for Configuration
1. Device Hardware Alert
Configure this option to provide notifications if there is a vendor specific (Western Digital) SMART status alert for the device.
2. Device Not Seen Alert
This alert will be sent if the appliance has been unable to check in with the Datto Remote Monitoring Servers after a period (60 minutes by default) of time. Do not change this value to anything less than 20 minutes as the devices manually check in once every 10 minutes.
3. Sync Completion Alert
The appliance has not reached a full sync in a set period of time (default is 14 days). To avoid persistent alerts, set this value at 2 days or greater.
4. High Local Activity Alert
A data set larger than a set amount (5GB by default) is written to the appliance device.
5. Low Disk Space Alert
Your appliance is running low on disk space. You can set the threshold for remaining space before receiving the alert.
6. External IP Alert
The external (Public) IP address of the network where the Datto is communicating from has been changed.
7. Deletion Alert
More than a set amount (5 GB by default) has been deleted from the appliance.
8. Protecting half device's storage capacity
This alert comes up when the total amount of protected data surpasses half the capacity of the Datto device. This is not an alert based on used space. Rather, your total amount of data to protect has exceeded what the appliance should support.
For more information about this alert, refer to the following article: https://kb.datto.com/hc/en-us/articles/200555335
9. Clone Alerts to Another Device
Configure these alerts, and clone them to other Datto devices.
4.2. Configuring Email Alerts for Billing and Marketing Emails
Location: Admin > Settings > Email Settings
- Partners can change the default addresses used for sending emails.
- By default, we send a New Appliance Shipped email to the primary and billing email address.
- You can change this by checking the different boxes or adding a completely different email altogether.
Datto's alerting can be integrated with BrightGauge. Click here to be redirected to the BrightGauge Knowledge Base for further details and support. Please note that this type of integration is not supported by Datto. Technical Support cannot assist with troubleshooting any issues encountered with its configuration or performance.