This article describes the process to set up datastore provisioning on VMware to support a virtual instance of Siris on VMware. Datastore provisioning is the second of four steps required to set up a Virtual Siris on VMware.
See the Additional resources section of this article for information on the other three steps in this process.
- Virtual SIRIS
1. In the vSphere Client, click on the File menu, and choose Deploy OVF Template...
2. Browse to the location where you downloaded the
virtualSiris.ova image, as shown in Figure 2. Then, click Next.
3. You will see details for your OVF Template. Click Next.
4. Give a name to your Siris. Then, click Next.
5. Choose the Resource Pool for the datastore that you provisioned earlier. Then, click Next.
6. For Storage, select the datastore that you provisioned. Then, click Next.
7. For the Disk Format, select Thick Provisioned for the 30 GB virtual disk that will hold the SIRIS operating system. Then, click Next.
8. Under Network Mapping, map the network in the OVF template to one of your networks. Be sure that the network you choose meets Datto's Networking Requirements.
9. Review your Deployment Settings. Make sure that Power on after deployment is unchecked, as shown in Figure 7. Then, click Finish. The deployment will take several minutes to complete.
10. You will see a confirmation. Click Close to complete the deployment.