This article walks through how to swap an OS drive for a SIRIS Enterprise device.
- PH1 cross head screwdriver
- Monitor and keyboard for accessing the device after replacing the OS drive
Swapping the OS Drive
- Power down the device and remove all power, peripherals, and Ethernet connections from the back of the device.
- Locate the two 2.5” hot-swap drive bays on the rear of the device. The OS drive - a 120GB Kingston SSD - is in the bay closer to the PSU.
- Remove the drive by pressing the red clip at the bottom of the bay downwards to release the handle, then pulling the handle to unlock the drive from the chassis.
Once removed, you should label the old OS drive to avoid confusing it with the new drive.
- Remove the four screws securing the OS drive to the drive tray. Use the screws to secure the new drive to the drive tray.
- Return the drive tray and new OS drive to the chassis and secure it in place.
- Connect a keyboard and monitor, along with the power and Ethernet cables.
- Contact Datto Support to begin checking in the device.