This article provides basic troubleshooting steps to assess and resolve issues on a Datto Networking Appliance (DNA).
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
Common Troubleshooting Steps
- My DNA doesn't allow connected devices to access the WAN
- My DNA isn't handing out DHCP
- My DNA isn’t loading and/or updating the Management Portal
- Check that devices are plugged into the DNA.
- Check if the device has a static IP address. If it does, verify if it is within your configured network range, and is within your DHCP pool.
- Check if you can ping google.com from the device. If not, verify 18.104.22.168 is pingable, alongside the IP address of the DNA.
1. Check the respective status link light that is associated with the connected device. This is on the front of the DNA.
- If the link light is lit, proceed to step 2.
- If the link light is dark, try switching the cable connecting the device to the DNA or switching to another port. Contact Technical Support if the light remains dark, or if another connected port lights up.
2. Check to see if there is a DHCP Pool associated with the Ports/LAN in question.
- Navigate to the identified port within Port Overview and confirm it shows a valid DHCP Pool range and states it is both Selected and has a Cable Connected.
3. If connected clients fail to receive DHCP after confirming an active link light, DHCP pool configuration and port assignment, try power cycling/rebooting the DNA. Contact Technical Support if this does not resolve the issue.
From the DNA Management Portal, log out and then log back in. If the issue persists, contact Datto Technical Support.