This article answers some common questions about the SharePoint segment of SaaS Protection/Backupify's Office 365 product.
- Why should I back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
- How often do you back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
- What SharePoint data do you back up?
- What are the possible statuses for my SharePoint backup?
Why should I back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
SaaS Protection/Backupify for O365 helps you save both time and money. We also reduce the risk of user error or third-party applications corrupting your data. By deploying our solution, you are protecting data critical to the operation of your business as well as decreasing the time to business function in the case of downtime.
How often do you back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
The backup schedule for Office 365 is fully automated and runs three times daily for each service. The application automatically distributes backup slots evenly throughout the day and cannot be configured.
You can launch a backup on-demand by hovering over the Next Scheduled Backup time and clicking the Backup Now button. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
Do you back up all of my SharePoint data?
SharePoint currently backs up the following data:
- Sharepoint Site Document Libraries
- Sharepoint Site Templates
- Sharepoint Site Assets
- Sharepoint Site Lists (Generic List, DocumentLibrary, WebPageLibrary)
- Sharepoint Site Pages
- Sharepoint Site Collections (Microsoft sites created by admins that do not fall into the Sharepoint Root Site collection)
Learn more about Office 365 Backup information.
What are the possible statuses for my SharePoint backup?
- Cancelled - Indicates that a single backup ran for more than 24 hours. The application cancels these automatically and retries them.
- Successful - The backup completed without errors and wasn't cancelled.
- Failure - The application failed to back up one or more items for that backup run, either due to external factors (e.g., the API went down) or internal factors. If you see a backup failure, you should contact support.